Valentia Island’s highest point and top tourist attraction, accessible by car on a fully paved road. All of Valentia Island can be seen from here with 360° views of the Blasket Islands, Dingle Peninsula, MacGillycuddy Reeks, Portmagee, the Skellig Rocks, and 60 miles to the western Atlantic horizon. A viewing deck jutting out over the edge gives a bird’s eye view of Fogher Cliffs. Encircling the mountain is the maagnificent Sky Path, a very beautiful 20-minute loop walk. Information panels on local history complete the experience.
Local tip: Sunrise (if you’re an early bird) and sunset are particularly stunning times to visit Geokaun Mountain & Cliffs.
Open Year Round during Daylight hours
Admission Rates Apply
Directions from Knightstown village/the car ferry:
1. Exit the car & passenger ferry and turn right
2. Drive up through the village and at the Y-junction take the right road
3. Continue for 2.7km. After the wooded area take a sharp left
4. Then take the next right
5. Continue on this road for 1.7km
6. Geokaun Mountain & Cliffs entrance will be on your right
Directions from Portmagee/the bridge:
1. Cross the bridge and take the next left at the T-junction
2. Continue for 1.5km and take a right
3. Continue for 4km and Geokaun Mountain entrance will be on your left
Feaghmaan West, Valentia Island, Co. Kerry, Ireland
‘Your Daily Adventure’ is loved by visitors. Watch out for the Regional Editions on your travels. Each is packed with information on all there is to do, see and enjoy around Ireland. You can also view the online editions right here.
It is always advisable to check the opening dates and times of any attraction or business you intend to visit. Check their website or give them a call.